Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Meet The MIM Team - Sandy


Hi!

Welcome to the last Meet The MIM Team feature.

It has been so much fun introducing the team to you and I hope you have all enjoyed getting to know them a little better.

Today we have the oportunity to visit with 



Hi everyone,

This is me! and I'm actually at Shirley's house for a morning of craft. (Shirley is one of the other DT members)


I'm married with 5 grown up children and 3 grandchildren. I'm an avid crafter who enjoys having a "go" at most things. I go to quite a few different craft groups so most days find me somewhere involved with other people and craft, LOL. I'm also involved in singing and am a member of my church choir and also a large choir of about 80 people. This choir performs about 4-5 times a year singing classic works mainly and also doing a couple of charity performances around Christmas time. We also sometimes do a cabaret style concert and have one coming up soon.
I've recently changed churches so still getting into the swing of things at the new one. I was on the Pastoral committee and also in charge of church luncheons etc at the last church ( we attended there for 20-21 years)

I have a whole room full of cupboards to keep my craft, but it still has overflowed into other rooms and I don't actually craft in there because I like to be out in the family room or in the dining room.
This is a pic of the top of a  kitchen hutch I bought for $10 at an auction. Hubby turned it upside down and added a piece of wood at the top (originally this part  would have attached to the missing cupboard, LOL)
and put my bookshelf on top. As you can see, it's still a bit messy as I have bits and pieces of craft on the floor still. It keeps all my books, patterns, cardstock and beads all neat and tidy. I'm still working on sorting a couple of the shelves!!!



Here are a few photos of places near my home in Prospect, South Australia where I have lived since marrying Adrian in 1975!!!  

This is St. Helen's Park, you can see the rotunda where my son got married a few months ago in March.   Right at the back of the park, is a kindergarten and this is where all 5 of my children attended so many years ago now.

 This is a photo of the church I attend in the city


 and this is one of the inside of the church, LOL. just imagine me sitting in the row of seats next to the organ console on the left hand side of the picture!!!


and lastly, this one is of a mural painted on the building on the corner of our street. It depicts lovely  Australian Flora.


I am enjoying being part of the team here at Make It Monday and I hope you enjoy seeing all the cards that the DT make each week and being part of this fabulous Linky Party!

Keep linking those cards up,

See you soon,
Sandy


Thank you for your wonderful post Sandy.

I'm so jealous that you get to craft with my Mum (Shirley-Anne) more than I do! lol.

Adelaide is such a beautiful city and I'm looking forward to coming "home" in September. Hope to catch up with you then.

Michelle :o)

8 comments:

Chrissy said...

What a lovely craft hutch you have Sandy, and so lucky to live so cloose to Shirley-anne and see each other regularly...lovely park too, can just image an wedding there...lovely to meet you and to have you on our DT team..

Luv CHRISSYxx

Dr Sonia S V said...

Sandy I have been your follower since long now and its nice to know more about you!
Cheers from Bangalore, India
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Mary J said...

Very jealous of your stash, Sandy - wow, it's overflowing! So good to know more about you and the important things in your life.

Say hi to Shirley-Anne for me when you next see her!

Mary x

Shirley-Anne said...

Not only is Sandy one of my crafting buddies she is one of my nearest and dearest friends. I am so lucky to be able to enjoy her company as we share ideas , hints , tips and craft bits .Wonderful to have you with us here at Make it Monday , Sandy .Love your versatility of style in papercraft .

Lisa Minckler said...

You certainly have a very busy and fullfilling life and I love that you are now a part of this little MIM family. I'm in awe of the cupboard design...that is a really out of the box way to think. Now I want to go and see what furniture of mine would be more "efficient" flipped upside down!
Your home is a beautiful place as well as your church.
hugs,
Lisa xx

Marjorie said...

Lovely Bio Sandy..it's so nice to get to know a little more about you..lovely photos and your church is so beautiful inside...ours is very beautiful too but oldy worldy and can be quiet cold in the winter...yours looks so warm and inviting..beautiful Mural too..Thanks for sharing..
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Meihsia Liu said...

It's so nice to know you more, Sandy. These pictures are so beautiful. And it's always so fun to have a friend to do crafts together... :)

Karen said...

Sandy your craft area looks divine honey - a really wonderful place to create.
And it's lovely that you are both such great friends too. You are both truly blessed in one another. Smiles.
Hugs.
Karen.xx