Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Make It Monday - Meet The Team

VERY LONG, PHOTO HEAVY POST

Hi

I know, me here two days in a row!! 

I'm back today to get the ball rolling on a feature I will be running over the next few weeks.

The Make It Monday linky party has been going for over a year and a half now (wow, times flies when you are having fun!) and I thought that you all might like to get to know the MIM team a little better.

So each week I will host Meet The MIM Team and introduce a team member each Tuesday.

So to kick things off (and to show the girls there's nothing to fret about) I thought I would go first!

So, where do I start........


About Me

My name is Michelle and I am the creator of the Make it Monday linky party.

I am married to a great guy who totally understands my need to craft and we have three gorgeous boys aged 9, almost 8 and 6. 


I work three days a week as the receptionist/office admin at the primary school that my boys attend.


Where I live

We live in Far North Queesland, Australia




Our beaches


Home to the Great Barrier Reef


View from our front verandah


Some of the beautiful wildlife around where we live

Cassowary


Kookaburras


Kingfisher


Sulpher Crested Cockatoo


Male Sunbird


Rainbow Lorikeet


Ulysis Butterfly


Hercules Moth


Green Tree Frog



And some of the not so nice ones


Red Bellied Black snake (we have something like 9 out of the10 of the worlds most deadliest snakes here in Australia. And most of them live around here)


We have these friendly looking fellows in most of our waterways. .



and of course Cane Toads (YEUK!!)


We enjoy the most perfect weather for about 7 months of the year so we are pretty lucky, but during our wet season (which runs from November to April) there is always the risk of Cyclones developing.


What I like to create

I started making cards and blogging in December 2009 and created the MIM linky party back in September 2010.

I love to make cards mainly and to colour with Copics.
Some of my favourite images are those from

Kenny K
Mo Manning
Meljen's designs

and I am also very fond of all Stampin' Up! products.


But I also like to create 3D projects too when time permits.
 I don't do well with templates and instructions so typically most things I create I make up as I go along.







My Creative Space

and this is where it all happens.
Not a very exciting looking space I will admit but it is mine and I love it! 
The best part is I can just close the door on the mess, lol!




What do I like most about the weekly MIM party?

Oh,that's an easy question!!

I absolutely love the weekly link party because it's all about creating and sharing! I gain so much inspiration from the entries linked up each week. It's just brilliant for when my Mojo decides to take extended leave.

I also love the friendly atmosphere over at MIM.
everyone seems to have embraced the idea  of  sharing and inspiring and also encouraging and I have made some really lovely blogging buddies along the way.

And last but certainly not least I love the fact that I get to work with the most fantastic group of ladies.


They are so much fun and I am really looking forward to featuring them here each week.


I hope you will stop by each Tuesday and get to know the wonderful ladies of the MIM team.


Next week is Karen's turn to tell us a little about herself.


Thanks for stopping by today.


13 comments:

Chrissy said...

Thanks for breaking the ice Michelle, and easing us in gently..lol..Looks like you live in paradise...very tidy craft room, which means I'll have to tidy mine soon..or I could do a before and after..great post...

Luv CHRISSYxx

Kasey ~ in Oz said...

Michelle, I love that one of my all time favourite challenge blogs was created by a fellow North Queenslander!

Wooo Hooo!

Love the whole sharing concept of the Linky Party and the visits I get, your challenges have led me to many sites which I now follow.

THANK YOU.

Cheers,
Kasey ~ in Oz

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, I've only discovered MIM in the last couple of weeks but what a lovely group of people! It looks awesome where you live, I'm so jealous... xx

Shirley-Anne said...

Hi Michelle .That view from your front verandah is still as spectacular as when Dad and I were there last .
Dad still proudly displays that truck you made for him .
Congrats on your succesful venture into papercraft , blog land and the Make it Monday Linky Party .
I 'm proud of you .
HUGS Mum

Dr Sonia S V said...

Michelle I am a big fan of your MIM linky party and along the journey have made such awesome blogger friends whom I would not have discovered otherwise. Such awesome pictures of the fauna you have shared makes me long to go visit your place!
Cheers
Sonia
cardsandschoolprojects.blogspot.com

Lisa Minckler said...

Hi Michelle :)
Your intro is wonderful. I was blessed to have seen these pictures before but the sting of jealousy still hasn't worn off. LOL!
Your 3D creations are the bomb!! Those are fantastic.
It's still such an honor to be on MIM with you and the most amazingly talented ladies.
Hugs,
Lisa xx

Karen said...

Wow Michelle I'm in awe - it's beautiful where you live, but I don't think I would be brave enough to live with all of those "friendlies!" Hehehe.. :0)

Fabby post honey!
I'll link up to here on my blog in the morning too.xx

Mary J said...

I thought I knew a lot about you - but now I know even MORE! Gorgeous photos - gonna come and live with you (apart from in the cyclone months!)

Can't wait to read Karen's!

M x

downrightcrafty said...

oh fabulous living location and lovely to hear all about you too and some gorgeous card

just hopped to say thank you for showcasing my card

Hugs Kate xx

Desire Fourie said...

Oh wow, it was great reading and seeing what your exciting life is all about. You are truly blessed to have such amazing birdlife around you. I love your creative work as well.
Hugs
Desire

Rene said...

Still so jealous of where you live...even though the "not so nice" things look, well, not so nice! Lol! I'm so proud to be part of the MIM team...you guys are the absolute BEST! Such a talented group of fun ladies! Thanks for everything you do!
Rene :D

Lori said...

Enjoyed all your pictures and projects! Fun learning about you...

Sandy said...

Beautiful view from your verandah. It looks a lovely place to live and bring up a family, love your fab 3D projects too.
Sandy