Thursday, May 20, 2010

Still no cards but something different

.
Hi

Gosh it,s been a while since I sat down with some gorgeous paper and made a card or 3D project and I miss it heaps!

But I did get an order the other day for four  personalised Brag Boards (you can see more of my wall art over at JeMbellish).



I use a 45cm x 45cm x 1.8cm canvas for the Brag Boards.

The background colour is painted with acrylic paint and the lettering and stars are cut from co -ordinating cardstock and stuck with clear drying glue. I give it a few coats of clear varnish to protect it and then add some ribbon on the front with coloured clips to hang the childrens artwork, certificates or photos and some string on the back to hang on the wall.

I have finished three and the last one is almost done so I'm hoping to make a card or two in the next few days!!

I have linked this post up with House of Hepworths . You should pop on over there and check out some really really creative ideas.


Dont forget to enter in to my Birthday Blog Candy Give Away here.

Thanks for stopping by.

Michelle

6 comments:

Shirley-Anne said...

Good idea Michelle and no pins or tacks.
Clever way to display children's merit cards and the like .

Lisa Jane said...

what a great idea michelle - i just love your projects.
Lisa ;)

mamia (me and mine in Alabama) said...

Love this, what a good idea! Happy Birthday! I have to say that for me 40 was much easier that 30 and 50 was a breeze but as 60 approaches I am not too happy!

Anonymous said...

How cute! This awesome creation would make any little girl very proud to put her work of art on it! Thanks so much for linking to PonyTails and FishScales!

Marlene said...

What a cute project!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Different is good as long as you are having fun!!