Saturday, May 29, 2010

Asian Artistry

Hi

I know that some of you are enjoying a long weekend this weekend and I hope that the weather is perfect for you.

I got all my jobs done early this evening having spent most of the morning cleaning house in readiness for yet another house inspection, so I managed to make it in to my craft room early tonight.

But unfortunately I was lacking inspiration. I decided in the end to set myself a little challenge to use something I have had sitting around for a while and never touched. This ended up being some free papers from a magazine that my lovely Mum sent up to me a while back and a new stamp set that has sat for quite a while just waiting to be inked up.




And although you can't see much of it I used my Stampin Up! Scollop border punch so I decided to enter this card in to the challenge #17 - Border Punch over at Your Next Stamp.

Recipe
DP free from magazine
Cardstock - Riding Hood Red and Whisper White from Stampin Up!
Ink - Riding Hood Red and Old Olive from Stampin Up!
Stamp set - Asian Artistry from Stampin Up!

Thanks for stopping by to take a look.

Michelle

8 comments:

Lisa Jane said...

HI michelle. Lovely papers - can't believe they were free.! A beautiful card , very peaceful. I love the sentiment.
Hope the house viewing goes well.
Have a great day
Lisa ;)

Shirley-Anne said...

great way to display a lovely image , Michelle . love the papers and layout.

Helen said...

Oh, Michelle, what a lovely card! My favorite stamp set. Sometime the inspiration came from within and you got it! Good luck with the house.

Whimcees said...

Hello!

This is a beautiful card! I love it! The colors and layout are perfection with this image! :<)

Wishing you a good weekend!

Barbara Diane

Selma said...

This is beautiful Michelle. The dp matches the image so well.

Kerrie said...

Beautiful card, image is so cute.

KarenB said...

Oh I really love the elegance of this card, it's beautiful.

Maureen said...

This is really gorgeous - love that image! Thanks for playing along with us at Your Next Stamp Challenges!